Submit Your Stories!
Got a funny story to share? We're actively seeking featured storytellers for the Stories Found podcast!
Each episode features weird, funny, and mostly true stories from... writers, playwrights, storytellers, and YOU.
What We're Looking For
We want your off the wall, absurd, and hilarious stories. The odd situations that you stumbled into the middle of, your weird encounters with other humans, or your embarrassing, but cathartic moments. We want to hear all about it!
Look, it's been a long pandemic and we're trapped at home in Austin, Texas, and we're tired of hearing our own stories. SEND US YOURS!
We love stories, but we're also happy to accept your funny 10 minute plays, sketches, poems, etc. If it's funny and can be recorded, we want it. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
How Does This Work?
1. Submit your story to us at email@example.com
2. If your story is a great fit, we'll reach out and tell you how awesome and funny you are.
3. You record your story on your own and send us the file (we can help!) OR if you prefer to tell the story to us while we record, we can do that too.
4. We'll set up a time for a short interview about you and your story.
5. That's it, you're famous now.
- Do I need to be a professional writer or storyteller to submit a story?
Nope! Some of the funniest stories we've ever heard have come from people with no background in writing or performance.
- My story is funny, but also serious. Is that okay?
Of course! Just because a story is funny doesn't mean that it can't have a heart or an important lesson was learned. Send it over!
- Am I telling the story live to you while you record it?
Not unless you want to! Most stories are recorded on your own time, in the privacy of your own home and then sent to us. It's so easy. Do it in one take or 50, it's up to you.
- Can I send you a prior recording of one of my stories/performances?
Yes! As long as you own the rights to the recording (or can get permission), then we'd LOVE to use your prior recording.
- Do you want a summary or a fully written story? What file type?
Either is fine. We prefer to see a full story, but a summary is fine as long as you can let us the know the overall arc and why the story is funny. Feel free to submit your story in the body of the email or as an attached Word file or PDF. We're also willing to listen to audio files. Send us a link to it or let us know if you have a large file and we will tell you how to get it to us.
- Never told a story before and you need help or encouragement?
No problem! Ava is a public speaking/performance coach and she'd be happy to give you some free pointers. We can walk you through the process from outline to recording. You can do this! We want your story! Email Ava at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Got a question we didn't answer?