Stories Found is a theatrical production company based in Austin, Texas.
We specialize in creating and producing plays, sketches, storytelling shows, and live performance events with a special emphasis on comedies. Whether we’re writing, producing, or performing — we do funny stuff.
We like weird. We like funny. If you’re weird and funny, we can probably be BFFs
Launched in the ignorantly blissful days of January 2020, Stories Found was created as a way to put more comedies on local stages. As a humorist, Ava was keenly aware that it’s often harder to get a comedy produced than a drama and both she and Paul wanted to do something to help level the playing field for comedy productions while also helping local comedy writers.
The first show produced by Stories Found, was a ten-minute comedy written by Ava Love Hanna, BAD NEIGHBORS. It was chosen for Best of Week in FronteraFest 2020 and was an audience favorite. However, a few short weeks later, as we started work on a live storytelling show featuring notable Austin playwrights, storytellers, and performers — the pandemic started and Austin went on lock down.
So, what were a couple of writer/performers/producers with too much time on their hands and a bunch of neat recording equipment to do? We moved online to the relatively safe and germ-free world of digital storytelling and comedy! The Stories Found podcast was born.
The Stories Found podcast features funny stories, plays, and sketches from some of the most talented humorists in the country.
Every other week, we offer a hilarious new episode featuring the work of a talented comedy writer. We offer a high-quality audio production of their script performed by professional actors and recorded and edited by a professional audio engineer. We also chat about their background, their writing process, and how they find their stories.
We’re elevating audio theater and offering a professional digital stage for comedy performances.
So, if theatres are open again, why are we still doing the podcast?
We’re so glad you asked! It’s simple: accessibility. Our mission is to shine a light on emerging voices in comedy writing and to make high-quality comedy accessible for all. The digital realm helps us with that mission. We don’t want to forget how valuable the digital space was to us and our audience members during the thick of the pandemic. We met some of the most amazing actors, writers, and producers thanks to online shows. So, ALL of our shows — even live stage performances — will always offer an online component to help keep our stories found. <— pun intended
Also, the podcast is awesome and fun. We’d love it if you’d listen, review, and share it with your friends!
Want to Get Involved?
- Writers: We’re actively seeking submissions! Check out our submissions page for our current open calls and submission guidelines.
- Actors: Want to work with us? We pay our actors. Send us an email!
- Arts Organizations: Want a shout out? We offer a free spot just for arts orgs in each episode. Reach out and we can see if you’re a good fit.
- Advertisers: We offer a loyal and dedicated audience and super reasonable rates for host-read ads. No competing with oddly placed digital ads or the same tired name brands. Your spot gets our audience’s full attention. Contact us for rates.
- EVERYONE: Make sure to join our mailing list so you can be the first to find out about new episodes, opportunities, auditions, and more!
Hi, I’m Ava Love Hanna!
Other things to know about me:
- I’ve beat every Yakuza game and both games in the Judgment series
- I wanna be Goro Majima when I grow up
- My villain origin story is that I was a poetry major in grad school
- Doctor Who and The Muppet Show are perfect shows and I will watch them over and over
Hi, I’m Paul Hanna. I’m the Statler to Ava’s Waldorf.
I’m an audio engineer, musician and performer.
Ava made me write this bio and rejected all of the cool stuff I wanted to put in it like the fact that I own a guitar shaped like a lightning bolt.
I think she’s jealous.